You want to live in a location that offers luxury, hot local amenities, and easy access to adventure. Throw in some important and diverse history; sold! But where does such a fantastic place exist?
Capitalizing on the best of both worlds, luxury Morrison neighborhoods are nestled in the scenic foothills of Jefferson County, Colorado, a mere 24 minutes southwest of Denver.
Historically abundant, the town of Morrison and its founder, George Morrison (April 16, 1822 – June 11, 1895), are deeply rooted in many important events in Denver and in natural history.
George Morrison founded the Morrison Stone, Lime, and Town Co., in 1874. Two structures that Morrison built in Morrison still stand today; and are recognized on the National Register of Historic Places. The schoolhouse is now a private residence and the original Morrison family home (built in 1873) is now a lodging destination called the Cliff House.
Stones from his red sandstone quarry can still be found in some of Denver’s most famous destinations such as Union Station and the Brown Palace. Many of the original mansions in Denver also have Morrison’s unique stone in their construction.
Mr. Morrison was also a key player in bringing the Denver, South Park, and Pacific Railroad to the town of Morrison, in 1874.
In 1877, geologist Arthur Lakes discovered the remains of both Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus dinosaurs near Morrison. Lakes was instrumental to geology in Colorado, especially with mineral exploration, and was a professor at what is now the Colorado School of Mines.
Many of these fossils, and others discovered since, are on display at the Morrison Natural History Museum.
Imagine waking up in the extravagant comforts of home and taking in the breathtaking beauty of the surrounding Colorado Rocky Mountain foothills. Homes for sale in Morrison provide just that.
Featuring some of Colorado’s finest acreage, horse properties, and upscale living, Morrison has more than its fair share of high-end neighborhoods. With million dollar homes in several of its subdivisions such as West Ranch and North Turkey Creek, the real estate options are endless. Other luxury neighborhoods include:
- Pine Park Estates
- Hilldale Pines
- Harriman Park
- Willow Springs
- Friendly Hills
Morrison’s Top 5 Destinations
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater: If you have never attended a concert at Red Rocks, you are missing out. The stunning scenery is the perfect backdrop to any performer; some musicians consider it a privilege to play there!
- Bandimere Speedway: Also known as Thunder Mountain, Bandimere Speedway is home to the NHRA’s Mopar Mile-High Nationals, and several other televised racing events.
- Dinosaur Ridge: Check out dinosaur footprints and fossils displayed along side two mountain trails.
- Geo Tours Whitewater Raft Trips: Get ready for thrill-seeking adventure on the Colorado and Arkansas Rivers.
- The Fort: Dine in the Old West in this frontier-themed cantina.
Morrison, Colorado truly has it all. With an enviable share of luxury real estate, a reasonable commute to Denver (if necessary), bragging rights to important history, and some of the coolest places to go – what are you waiting for?
Start your search in the lifestyle of luxury foothills living today!