Starting the New Year out in one of the many Golden houses for sale can be a great thing to do; however, moving during the winter requires some extra effort on your part. Here are some winter moving tips that will make settling in your new home much easier:
- Pack your coffeepot so that you will be able to retrieve it easily once you get to your new residence. That way, you’ll be able to provide your work crew with plenty of hot beverages-something they will no doubt thank you for.
- Take extra precautions when transporting houseplants. Make them the last thing you load and the first thing you unload in order to reduce their exposure to the cold. If possible, place them in the backseat of your car or in the front of the moving van rather than in the back of it.
- Make sure your heat is turned on at least a day or two in advance of your arrival. This will ensure that the first thing you deal with in your new home is not burst pipes.
- Arrange for sidewalks and driveways to be cleared prior to your moving van arriving in order to make it easy for movers to get in and out of your new residence.
- Acquire some large sheets of cardboard or a few rolls of plastic sheeting to lie down over top of carpets so that any snow or ice that’s tracked in won’t ruin them.
- Check with your moving company to find out what their policy for cancellation is. That way, you won’t’ be caught off guard in the event a sudden storm hits the area.
By following these easy tips, your winter move is likely to go much smoother. To see some of the available Golden houses for sale, contact us.