December Seller Tips For a Spring or Summer Sale of Metro Denver Luxury Homes
If you’re thinking about selling your Denver area home next spring or summer, now is a great time to get started on getting your home ready. Here are some tips to help you get started now. If you do start now, it won’t be such a big job come spring.
The first thing to do is to let go and picture your home as a house, a product to be sold. Picture yourself moving into your new home once your house has sold. Look to the future, don’t look back.
Second, walk through your home room by room and make a list of projects that need to be completed. Try to picture each room as if you were a buyer and it was the first time you’ve seen the room. Below are some ideas to add to your list:
- Purge: We all accumulate too much stuff! Now is the time to sell, donate, or throw out all the stuff you don’t need. If you haven’t used it in the past year, you probably don’t need it.
- De-Clutter: Pack up knick-knacks, remove most of the books from bookcases and pack them up, pack up clothes you don’t need in the next six months, pack up items in kitchen cabinets that you don’t need soon.
- Make Minor Repairs:
- Fix doors that don’t open or close properly.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Caulk around all tubs, showers, sinks and toilets.
- Paint any dark or brightly colored walls to a neutral color but don’t paint everything white.
- Replace cracked tiles.
- Replace worn carpeting.
- Tackle the garage and any unfinished storage areas:
- Your garage should be neat and clean and able to park the number of cars it is designed for.
- Don’t forget about unfinished storage areas, they need to be purged also.
Now that you have your list, get started on all these indoor projects today. Don’t worry about outside projects right now; you can work on outside projects when the weather warms up.
Call me at 303-550-8563 if you’d like for me to come over and help you come up with your project list. I’m happy to help and there is no obligation.
Start getting ready today for a spring or summer sale of Metro Denver Luxury Homes.